Sunday, June 28, 2009

So... Ya Wanna Know What It's Like To Drive Fast?

Say what you want but as far as I'm concerned, hot weather makes for great racing weather. Even today's Nascar race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway was hot as all get out and yet the race was stopped due to rain. Nascar's Buddy Baker really had me laughing on a talk show yesterday when he was asked why drivers don't just pour a bottle of water down their neck during those really hot days on the track. Buddy replied, "You've never been in a race car when it's 110 degrees have you? Let me ask you a question... Ever heard of butt stew?" What a crack up. (Pun intended)

Today Anthony and I got to spend some time at Infineon with Jon Emerson racing his Spec E30 and good friend Steffan our video producor and had a great time. Wow was there some hardware there today! So many in fact I found it difficult to decide which ones to take pictures of so frankly I just gave up. However... I did get to get in some seat time in something that will REALLY blow your mind and before I post some photos of it, let me warn you... It's not like any other car I have ever driven on the track before.


Lets take a look at some of the possibilities staring off with this beauty that Anthony is drooling over. It's a Bugatti Veyron $1,700,000. This is by far the most expensive street legal car available on the market today. It is the fastest accelerating car reaching 0-60 in 2.6 seconds. It claims to be the fastest car with a top speed of 253 mph+.


Or maybe this is the car I ripped up the course with. After all, it's not the first time and anyone who knows me knows of my passion for Ford GTs. (Even though the GT40 is my ultimate choice.)


Then again it just may have been this car. You know how much I love the vintage stuff.


Then again, you may be asking yourself, "Is Gary tossing me a curve or just messing with me? Maybe he went four-wheelin in Donny Edward's beautiful Bronco.


Well, I just can't keep you guessing any longer. Check it out folks... Here is what I used to straighten out the esses of Sears Point with. This is Steffan's hot rod from hell who is producing our new HD DVD so we took it out for some laps. Everyone loves this car and we got a bunch of waves and cheers while passing the grandstands too. Even funnier was when Steffan was behind the wheel we caught up with a Corvette. We had a pretty good chuckle wondering if his wife was in the stands trying to get some photos of him on the track. "Honey, how come that little Smart car was right on your bumper?" "Er.... Uh..... Well...... Oh, yeah I had just passed them and was blocking.... Yeah, that's it.... blocking."



Just last week our friend Marcia Blas commented on her Road Rally Rhythms blog how funny it would be to see one on the track. Well, this one's for you Bud! LOL.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! You got me laughing, bud!

Steffan Schulz said...

Nice!
The smart is still smiling from its time on the track.