Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One Of The Things On My Bucket List

Seeking adventure has been something of a lifestyle for most of my life and it seems my son has many of the same ambitions as I do. However it seems one such life-long dream I have been hoping to fulfill since I was a boy in not one he shares my enthusiasm with. While I did not begin reading Hemingway until I was much older I was aware of many of his courageous accomplishments one of them being the running of the bulls during the nine-day festival of San Fermín in Pamplona Spain.



As it turns out this is also a custom in several of the colonial cities of Mexico as well including beautiful cities such as San Miguel De Allende and Zacatecas. Having truly fallen in love with all of these places not to mention the historical significance of it all as well as the simple desire to follow in one more step of Hemingway's journeys the desire to fulfill the dream continues to grow inside.

In the meantime, Will, my son is beginning to come around and feels he has figured out a way not only to enjoy sharing the moment with his father but also making the running of the bulls worth his while. Here is what he came up with.



These dang kids just have no appreciation for tradition and customs. What is a man to do?

1 comment:

carson said...

AHHHH, the classic Hemingway theme man vs beast, good vs evil ,or as we know it man vs machine......but
beaste vs man ON machine ...
is a hole nother challenge
giddy up