Saturday, February 16, 2008

Missing Mexico...


















It's already happening... There are already several teams signed up for the 2008 La Carrera Panamericana, some friends of mine and some I don't and I see several from other countries as well. Boy are they all in for a treat and yes I am envious but prior commitments and obligations need to be fulfilled.

There is already news of teams scrambling to meet time-line deadlines, some who are still trying to decide, and those who have had to deal with terms that this is not the year. As I read about each of these situations I am taken back to all those same emotions that we went through as we prepared for La Carrera Panamericana. If I had to do all over again I really can't think of one thing that I would change.

I can't wait to get feedback from teams and individuals as they get set to go and all the trials and tribulations that accompany such an adventuresome undertaking and I am hopeful many of them will share them with us here for everyone to read and enjoy. Better yet I hope they will all feel comfortable keeping us updated as they leave to meet the Coyote Convoy and tell us all about the trip down south and especially the race back to the U.S..

In the meantime here are a few photos some going south and some coming back. Nothing special except to those of us who can remember those amazing days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the sugar cane cart! We passed him on the road too! Brings back great memories!

Gary Faules said...

I saw a lot of "sweet thangs" along the road down there. ;)