Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Want to see a specific car? Just ask.









I can't get over how excited I am even though it's been a whole month since we returned home from running the La Carrera. Every day I get email from friends and competitors who are just as excited as I am and it's a feeling that seems as if it will never subside.

Many friendships were formed during this adventure and they grow even stronger as we write back and forth sharing not only memories of the race but also we share stories about or families, how we are doing, what our plans for next year are and so on. One of the things I enjoy the most is sending each other photos. I can't begin to tell you how it makes me feel each time I see a new photo in some part of Mexico and it doesn't matter if it's in a speed or transit stage or even parked in some Pemex gas station, there all special. And I also enjoy sending photos to friends and surprise them with some of their car as well. God only knows I have a bunch of photos! If anyone wants to see a particular car just ask. I know if I don't have it Bret from THE UNLIMITED BLOG surely will.

In the mean time here are a few more a friend sent me recently and I hope you will join me in remembering the dangerous gravel roads of Mil Cumbre, the open hills of La Buffa, some high speed sections including Mexico City and even some laps on a race track in Quertaro.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gary, I really enjoy ready your blog, and the pics are great. Keep it up, your friend, Spyderman aka Ron. Wanta see the latest dilema the family has??? Check out Spydermans Adventures.

Gary Faules said...

Hello Spyderman! I read your blog all the time and I enjoy it too. I can really feel the love with the grandchild and trust me I know the feelings you are experiencing. Isn't it wonderful.

I also really enjoyed the ride thru the redwoods and have done it many times by car but a bike would be a very cool experience too. I have been up the coast to Oregon so many times I can do it blindfolded and the Redwoods up the coast especially before Crescent City are awesome. Have you been up there?

I also really enjoyed the photo of your bike at the Golden Gate Bridge so I'll keep up my blog if you keep up yours too. By the way, I posted on your site a while back but I don't think you saw it.