Sunday, September 02, 2007

Have a seat



Yesterday while Jon and I were organizing navigation and radio equipment in the car I tossed one of the seats in so we could make sure everything was within reach and laid out properly. Jon said, "Do you realize this is the first time I have ever sat in the passenger's seat of a race car?" I guess he must have forgotten not long ago when he rode along while I blistered the track at Infineon in his Mini Cooper. Granted it was just parade laps and not as noisy as Lucky is but he could at least act a little afraid. As I recall he was reading the latest edition of Vintage RaceCar while I was driving around the track. I bet he won't be reading much while in Mexico when I'm driving.... Oh crap, what about the route book?

The RACETECH seats are the best there is and they feel like it too. Once those seats are bolted in the car I will know we are truly getting somewhere.

5 comments:

Carreratime said...

Just went back to the Delta Bay website as you suggested and notcied there are a few things I want to buy from them for the Falcon. I moved the battery to the trunk so I have space for the water/oil recovery tank. And Optima battery mount will come in handy too.
I'm installing a Ron Davis Racing radiator that has very fragile aluminum fins. I was going to fab up a protective screen to place in front of it similar to the one you have. Did you make that up yourself? BTW, I'm still interested in a a good pricel on the American Ds if you can hook me up. And the Shelby Mustang is looking great. sc

Gary Faules said...

Forgive me but I have to laugh... The very cool radiator screen you see in the photos was something I stumbled over at the hardware store while looking for something to do the job. As I walked down the isle where they kept the screen I saw the pre-made screens that are used on screen doors for the front of your house. They make severel sizes one of which just happen to look as if it was custome made for the job brakets and all. LOL.

Carreratime said...

Which hardware store? Anything to same time:) I just spent the day rebuilding the clutch/brake pedal cluster with the Scott Drake needle bearing kit. I thought it would take 2 hours...

Carreratime said...

I meant save time... Preview, then publish.

Gary Faules said...

Just today I was at an (OSH)Orchard Supply Hardware and saw them. They are the part that bolts onto the face of a screen door and they are very common. I would believe all hardware stores will have them.

As for installing a clutch pedal assembly in two hours.... Good luck. LOL. It's almost easier to remove the speedo cluster to get it done right.