Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Spoke too soon

Well there's lots going on. First of all I watched a video of one of the well prepped cars that was built for this years La Carrera Panamericana and the driver was excited because his car was ready some 70 days before the race but while he was testing he wrecked the car and the entire driver's side of the car was out to lunch. Too bad and we're looking forward to him getting it ready in time.

Meanwhile back at the shop it seems I spoke too soon regarding the quality of the Doug's headers. While in fact they did fit easily into the car there was a major problem. When I tried to install the clutch controls there was no way they were going to work. When I called their tech line I was unfortunate to have the displeasure of speaking with possibly one of the rudest punks that I have ever talked to. I won't waste my time quoting him however I will say I have had more intelligent conversations with farm animals. In all fairness I did call back and spoke to their higher powers and they are looking into the matter. It will be interesting to see how Doug headers handles customer satisfaction.

No comments: