Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fits Like Cinderella's Glass Slipper




WOW BIG FELLA! That's right, Lucky is looking pretty cool tonight and just like Cinderella's slipper, Lucky's engine couldn't have been a more perfect fit. Aside of the usual need to change a few fittings and order a different clutch equalizer for header clearance everything fit like the proverbial glove. Regarding the DOUGS HEADERS, I must say I was really impressed with the fit. I have installed so many sets of headers in mustangs that I could do it in my sleep. Typically most of them require some modification in order to fit but these went in so fast I kept thinking I must have forgotten something. It sure says a lot about DOUGS HEADERS quality. WOW!

Check out those awesome looking valve covers. They are special built to allow plenty of room for the custom built roller rocker arms and the tall breather tubes have baffles to prevent blow-by at high speeds like the original R-Model GT350's.



BIGGGG Toolman grunt... Ohh Ohhh Ohhhhh! Even though this weekend was the first of two dates I wanted to test the car I gotta say I am feeling pretty chipper tonight. In the mean time my son and fellow teammate is up at Thunderhill racing and race directing this weekend. As Jon would say, we are living vicariously thru Will this weekend. Tomorrow I will install the carb and a few other things and if I have time I will finish changing the rear-end over to the new lightweight assembly.

No comments: