Friday, August 31, 2007

A breath of fresh air



Today I installed the new K&N X-stream air filter. Woopee! Oh, and for what it's worth, I finally installed a throttle return spring. Two as a matter of fact. One can never be too careful when expecting the throttle to slow down on some turn in Mexico.

The exhaust system arrived today and when I have time I will install it. Other than the fact it's larger than the original that came on GT350s it's exactly the same design. Nothing More than exhaust pipes with some very open glass packs that exit out the side of the car in front of the rear wheels. I have a suspicion it won't be much quieter than the open headers but that's a good thing, right?

This evening I just relaxed after a very long week. I sure will be glad when my son in law returns to take over so I can get back to what it is I love doing. Right after I was done installing the air filter I noticed some guys checking out some guy's Eleanor next door at my friend's Mexican restaurant. While they were looking under the hood I decided to start up my engine and let it breath. It wasn't long before they came over to see what all the thunder was. I felt bad for the guy in the Eleanor.... Well, not really. ;)

1 comment:

Brett Svatek said...

Very Sano engine compartment!